The Lakas Mentorship Program was created in the spring of 2012 to arm youth with knowledge and relationships to be stronger individuals. Lakas translates to “strength” in Tagalog.
Empowered youth, thriving communities
To foster positive transformation and explore the experiences of the Philippine diaspora. We achieve this through culturally relevant curriculum, critical engagement, and advocacy.
- To foster personal development through reflection and discussion (Self-Awareness)
- To promote cultural identity through history and concepts (Filipino-American Studies)
- To prepare for future paths by educating on resources and exploring careers (College Preparation)
- To build an understanding of how one is seen in and interacts with the world around them (Positionality)
- To encourage leadership through examples and experiences (Leadership)